2008 Eureka! Leadership Institute
The 2008 Institute took place April 27-May 2, 2008, at the Kona Kai Resort on Shelter Island in San Diego. The Institute was part of a multi-phase leadership program developed by Infopeople under a grant from the California State Library. Institute leaders were Becky Schreiber and John Shannon of Schreiber Shannon Associates.
A competitive application process resulted in the selection of the following thirty-six Institute participants:
- Jennifer Addington, Palos Verdes
- Andrea Apple, Kern Co
- Martha Arroyo-Neves, SFPL
- Ann Awakuni, Santa Clara Co.
- Thea Blair, Mission Viejo
- Sandra Briggs, Woodland
- Susan Broman, LA Co.
- Carolyn Campbell, Stanislaus Co
- Polly Cipparrone, San Diego Co.
- Cheryl Eberly, Santa Ana
- Sabah Eltareb, California State Library
- Mark S. Hall, SFPL
- Genesis Hansen, Newport Beach
- Renee Hayes, San Anselmo
- Damon Hill, Marin Co.
- Julia A. Huston, Solano Co.
- Robin Isicson, San Diego Co.
- Jeannie Kays, Palm Desert
- Seng Lovan, Contra Costa
- Angie Miraflor, San Jose
- Irma Morales, Orange PL
- Suzy Murray, Sacramento
- KimNhung Nguyen, San Jose
- Saralyn Otter, Santa Clara Co.
- Chris Ricker, Monterey Co.
- Patricia Rivera, Buena Park
- Amanda Schukle, San Diego Co.
- Jim Silverman, Solano Co.
- Kathleen Smith, Fresno
- Andrea Taylor, Fullerton
- Barbara Telford-Ishida, Alameda Co
- Cara Vera, Rancho Cucamonga
- Christina Wainwright, San Diego PL
- Elliot Warren, Contra Costa
- Eve Wittenmeyer, Palos Verdes
- Kelley Worman, Fresno
Participant biographies, and a statement of what they achieved at the 2008 Eureka! Leadership Institute can be found here.
Eight California library leaders mentored the Institute fellows. They were:
- Stacey Aldrich, Deputy State Librarian, California State Library
- Deborah Barrow, Director, Sunnyvale Public Library
- Kim Bui-Burton, Library, Museums & Cultural Arts Director, Monterey Public Library
- Kathy Gould, Director, Palos Verdes Library District
- Ned Himmel, Assistant Director, San Jose Library
- Monique le Conge, Director, Richmond Public Library
- Mark Smith, Vice-President for Public Library Operations/West, LSSI
- Joan Frye Williams, Library & Information Technology Consultant