2008 Eureka! Leadership Institute
The Eureka! Leadership Institute is an intensive week-long leadership training event. The mission of the Eureka! Leadership Institute is to develop future leaders for California libraries and for the library profession, to help California library staff become leaders in the communities they serve, and to promote the profession as a force for positive change in society.
The 2008 Institute took place April 27-May 2, 2008, at the Kona Kai Resort on Shelter Island in San Diego. The Institute was part of a multi-phase leadership program developed by Infopeople under a grant from the California State Library. Institute facilitators were Becky Schreiber and John Shannon of Schreiber Shannon Associates.
2008 Eureka! Leadership Institute participants were:
- Jennifer Addington, Palos Verdes
- Andrea Apple, Kern Co
- Martha Arroyo-Neves, SFPL
- Ann Awakuni, Santa Clara Co.
- Thea Blair, Mission Viejo
- Sandra Briggs, Woodland
- Susan Broman, LA Co.
- Carolyn Campbell, Stanislaus Co
- Polly Cipparrone, San Diego Co.
- Cheryl Eberly, Santa Ana
- Sabah Eltareb, California State Library
- Mark S. Hall, SFPL
- Genesis Hansen, Newport Beach
- Renee Hayes, San Anselmo
- Damon Hill, Marin Co.
- Julia A. Huston, Solano Co.
- Robin Isicson, San Diego Co.
- Jeannie Kays, Palm Desert
- Seng Lovan, Contra Costa
- Angie Miraflor, San Jose
- Irma Morales, Orange PL
- Suzy Murray, Sacramento
- KimNhung Nguyen, San Jose
- Saralyn Otter, Santa Clara Co.
- Chris Ricker, Monterey Co.
- Patricia Rivera, Buena Park
- Amanda Schukle, San Diego Co.
- Jim Silverman, Solano Co.
- Kathleen Smith, Fresno
- Andrea Taylor, Fullerton
- Barbara Telford-Ishida, Alameda Co
- Cara Vera, Rancho Cucamonga
- Christina Wainwright, San Diego PL
- Elliot Warren, Contra Costa
- Eve Wittenmeyer, Palos Verdes
- Kelley Worman, Fresno
The 2008 Mentors were: Stacey Aldrich, Deputy State Librarian, California State Library; Deborah Barrow, Director, Sunnyvale Public Library; Kim Bui-Burton, Library, Museums & Cultural Arts Director, Monterey Public Library; Kathy Gould, Director, Palos Verdes Library District; Ned Himmel, Assistant Director, San Jose Library; Monique le Conge, Director, Richmond Public Library; Mark Smith, Vice-President for Public Library Operations/West, LSSI; Joan Frye Williams, Library & Information Technology Consultant.