2008 Eureka! Encore Event
The Eureka! Institute Encore took place on Monday, October 20, 2008, in San Jose, California, from 9 AM to 4 PM. Institute leaders Becky Schreiber and John Shannon of Schreiber Shannon Associates facilitated the event. Jennifer James returned to give another fascinating and inspiring talk.
Date: Monday, October 20, 2008
Time: 9 AM - 4 PM
Location: Clarion San Jose Hotel, 1355 North Fourth St, San Jose, California 95112 (Google Maps directions: http://tinyurl.com/5mdebt). Free shuttle service is available from the San Jose Airport to the Clarion.
The Eureka! Leadership Institute Encore covered the following topics:
- What is the Project you have been working on since Eureka?
- How have you been developing your leadership skills on three levels:
- Personal - ex: using your Enneagram style to improve personal effectiveness
- Organizational - ex: groundrules discussion or managing change or your project
- Professional - ex: joining a CLA committee or heading a task force
- How are you using your leadership commitments and other Eureka! skills in your Project?
- What have been the strategies you have used in all of these efforts?
- What success have you had?
- What challenges have you found impeding your progress?
- What progress have you made?
- How do you know? (How are you measuring?)
- What difference have your activities made to your library’s customers?
- What else do you need to move forward on your path to leadership?
Becky and John also updated the Eureka bibliography in preparation for Eureka Encore.