Everything You've Always Wanted to Know About Eureka! but Were Afraid to Ask
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
12 Noon Pacific
Webinar Presenters: Holly Hinman and Amanda Jacobs Foust
Congratulations! If you are reading this announcement, you have either been accepted into the 2015 Eureka! Leadership Institute/Program, or you have someone on your staff who has been accepted. The purpose of this webinar is to make sure that everyone has the necessary background information about the Institute/Program and to answer any questions and address any concerns you might have.
Please note: This is a required event for members of the 2015 Eureka! cohort, so please put it on your calendars and make every effort to attend the live presentation. If unavoidable circumstances prevent you from attending the live event, it will be archived and you should view the archive within 3 days of the live event, as there is an assignment that will be given during the webinar that is due on February 10, 2015.
During the webinar, we will cover:
- Preparation for the Institute
- Institute logistics
- Mentors and mentoring
- Other Eureka! Leadership Program components
- Project selection and design, the application process and review
- The role of the LSTA grant monitors
At the end of the hour, you will be able to:
- Describe the various components and logistics of the Eureka! Leadership Program including individual responsibilities and commitments
- Identify the tasks that have to be completed before the 2015 Eureka! Leadership Institute
- Identify the components of a good Eureka! project
- Understand the kinds of projects that are not suitable for Eureka!
- Understand the role of the LSTA grant monitor in relation to Eureka! projects
Eureka! Mentors as well as Eureka! participants' supervisors and library directors are also encouraged to attend.